Monday, January 2, 2012

Really... It's Cancer?

Dear Cancer,

Hello. I would love to say it’s nice to meet you, but pardon me if I can’t extend such a gracious introduction to you. I do think though, someday I will say that it was nice to have met you for the brief time we knew each other. I understand that you have been hiding in my breasts like an invader in the night who waits for an opportunity to violently intrude on unsuspecting souls. You, sir have been found out, revealed and uncovered. Although I don’t know much about you, I am learning quickly about your plans, schemes and tactics. You have had years to study me. You have studied my mental health, my physical health and my spiritual health. You have conquered and destroyed and evaded cells in my body, enjoying quite a head start, if I do say so myself. You can run but you can not hide from us anymore. I have an army looking for you; Physicians, technology, family and friends. God and I will find you and we will conquer you.

I understand that your purpose is to test me and teach me. Let me tell you straight out that I Trust the Lord my God and that I am a quick learner. Cancer, You and I will dance a few dances we will step on each other’s toes I’m sure. Eventually, the dance will be over and you will have to go home… not matter what. That puts a smile on my face, because you may think you can win- but your win is futile because you need me to survive. I however, will live no matter what.

I have been frightened by you and you have scared my family and loved ones. Our wagons are circled and I have heard the trumpet’s revelry. Like a horse who charges at it’s sound, so shall we. So, as we shake hands and a nod to one another, let us begin. May God’s chosen live!

Regards,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment